- The hardest part of this script was the planning how the script should work, i thought a lot about how could i make the golf cooperative with others.
Yeah, many people told me to make it as the GTA:O version, but the GTA:O version has invite, etc. system for it, which is not the best for a roleplay server. (queue system)
I recommend this script for server community events, where there are organizers, and they lead the players where to put the ball, and which flag need to hit, etc. (Or just for fun.)
You need to know
- You can only select your own ball and you can only spawn one ball at a time. (Spawning the ball again with the command, deletes the existed one)
- This is not a tryhard competitive script, so there is no auto calculator who won the game or any other.
- The script includes two versions, one for ESX and one is fully standalone where you spawn the ball with command. (Spawning the ball is just one server side event, you can easily make it work with any framework)
- There is a bug which i could not fix, when you hit the ball and land it, after the ball landed, it has different rotations and when you select the ball again and you reset the ball rotation to 0,0,0 and attach the player, the networked nearby players see you sometimes weirdly rotated around the ball. (If anyone know the solution for that, i would be grateful)
Things you can edit in the config
- Enable/Disable the wind force. (makes ball move differently)
- Enable/Disable the tree leave hits. (it stops the ball movement)
- Club strengths. (Though, i do not recommend modify the default values)
- Ground slowing speed
- Player rotate speeds
- Keybinds (scaleform button ones, because they are reactive for the changes)
- Leaderboard enable/disable & command, and how many players shown on the board. (Default 10)
- You can enable/disable the need of the default gta weapon_club if you want, it wont stuck your script, but because we are using attached clubs when aiming with the ball, the script removes the weapon from the hand when you are interacting. (Default is disabled)
Features and thingies
- Four ball types (White, Yellow, Green, Pink)
- Distance calculator (compared to the selected flag, and the current hitted distance)
- Leaderboard system with MySQL save, which records the longest hit from the player.
- Different material forces with sound & particle effects.
- Terraingrid (if you want to check slopes or uphills)
- Few camera setups (for checking the selected flag, etc.)
- Wind direction and Wind speed modify the ball movement. (Default is disabled, with the wind i could not hit a thing.)
There is also a marker which shows the current Wind movement and strength. (The marker color changes how strong the wind is, i used heatmap, so strong wind is red, and how the wind reduces it goes bluer.)
- ESX v1 final (If you are using the esx version)
- MySQL (If you want the leaderboard)
If there is some error, i dunno, some examples: the key binds, or the notifications not working for you, i can not really help you, because i do not know your MOD and your resources, we have tested it on our fully resourced server(+150), and on a fully empty server, both worked without errors, so do not message me that the resource is not working and you ‘bought it for the nothing.’